- Write a formal letter addressed to the Commissioner of Insurance, or call personally at the offices of the Commission.
- The petition should state briefly the reasons for the complaint.
- Copies of the following documents (in the case of a motor claim) should accompany the complaint:
- a) Police report
- b) Medical report
- c) Two passport size photographs authenticated by a medical officer.
- d) Letter of Administration (LI A) in a claim on behalf of a deceased.
- e) Any communication between complainant and the insurance company concerned.
- f) All other areas of complaint must be accompanied with the relevant documents.